About Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Founded in 1847, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located in Michigan and Minnesota. By 2020, Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency. For more information, visit http://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back often.
The Logistics / Raw Materials Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the supply of iron ore pellets necessary to the Toledo facility to support production and the shipment of the final product (HBI). This position will oversee the incoming iron ore replenishment and storage activities as well as the location and shipment of the final product.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Lead, promote, and adhere to all safety policies in order to ensure 100% safe operation in the laboratory and shipping office
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times, and transport costs of iron ore pellets and HBI
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Consistently monitor the quality and efficiency of goods transportation
- Plan and manage the movement of freight and coordinate with suppliers to ensure a smooth transition
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs, and rising environmental pressures
- Collaborate with managers to determine supply needs
- Keep detailed records on inbound shipments of iron ore pellets
- Establish high performance standards and set goals to attain them
- Ensure daily and weekly quality requirements are executed
- Perform special projects as outlined by the Quality Manager
- Coordinate quality documents with outbound materials
- Associates Degree in Business or Logistics preferred. May consider equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years logistical experience (2-3 years of quality experience preferred)
- Computerized Material Control System (CMS) experience; Ellipse preferred
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret shipping and receiving documents such as packing slips, POD’s, and BOL’s
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities
- Ability to read and understand radio frequency identification (RFID), barcode systems, bill of laden(BOL), bill of materials(BOM), and environmental requirements
- Ability to understand and follow ISO 9001:2015 requirement
- Effectively communicate both orally and through written text
- Occasionally lifting up to 35lbs
- Mobility required. Must be able to handle stairs and long periods of work on your feet
- Routinely exposed to plant environment including noise, dust, dirt and vibrations, extreme climate changes / changes in weather