ifm electronic is a private, family owned global company with over 5,000 employees in 70 countries. Our core business is to develop and produce sensors and controls for industrial automation and process applications. ifm has received multiple awards for innovation and breakthrough technologies.
ifm is currently one of the world’s largest manufacturers of industrial sensors and controls, producing more than 13 million products which includes 9 million sensors annually. 90% of orders are processed and shipped same day with a monthly accuracy rate of 99%.
"Exceptional success can only be achieved when the employees believe in the company and when they know that they are treated in a fair and honest way." -ifm philosophy
We have a high growth pace in a collaborative work environment. ifm believes in openness to ideas and a culture where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions rather than title or tenure.
This position resides in the ifm Malvern product development and manufacturing facility, which designs and manufactures temperature and flow sensor products, along with cable assemblies. This product development role is key to the greater ifm’s manufacturing success in the United States.
As a world leader in the electronic sensor industry, our commitment to our products and our customers has resulted in continued company growth, creating an opening for a versatile Electronics Technician to work with our Product Development team. You will have the opportunity to be involved in developing new sensors from initial concept through the design, testing and manufacturing phases.
· Work with electrical engineers to develop and perform tests (includes extensive design verification testing on analog and digital circuits), prototyping, troubleshooting and printed circuit board design.
· Test in accordance with company, UL and IEC standards (Safety, EMC, etc.).
· Perform electronic layouts for prototypes as well as final products.
· Work with engineering team to integrate sensor modules and transistor based electronics in product concepts.
· Coordinate lab setup, including the procurement of electronic parts and new test equipment, designing and building test fixtures and improving test facilities.
· Assist in the transition of products from engineering into manufacturing.
· Associates Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of circuits with transistors and other semiconductor devices.
· 2 plus years’ experience in testing of analog and digital circuits with an emphasis on analog transistor based electronics.
· Demonstrated familiarity with standard electrical and electronic testing devices including the use of the oscilloscope.
· Proven hands-on surface mount hardware build, test and troubleshooting skills.
· Knowledge of circuit testing in consideration of high EMC compatibility and PCB layouts a plus.
· Self-driven and willing to acquire new skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
ifm prover USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.