ifm electronic is a global company with over 5,000 employees in 70 countries. Our core business is to develop and produce sensors and controls for industrial automation and process applications. ifm efector, inc., a subsidiary of ifm electronic, is headquartered in Malvern, PA.
"Exceptional success can only be achieved when the employees believe in the company and when they know that they are treated in a fair and honest way." -ifm philosophy
We have a fast paced and collaborative work environment. ifm believes in openness to ideas and a culture where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions rather than title or tenure.
As a Field Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your superior technical skills and industrial automation knowledge in a dynamic sales environment. Supporting both hardware and software, you will be a technical expert for: networking and control systems; vision, identification and diagnostic sensors; and other ifm products.
· Work closely with Sales Engineers and Customers to support the sales process for ifm’s most complex products. Support will include product presentations, validating solutions with customers during proof of concept, troubleshooting technical problems, and providing ongoing sales support, e.g., commissioning and training of both Customers and Sales Engineers.
· Apply a comprehensive understanding of ifm’s complex products including principle of operation, functionality and benefits, and application feasibility. This will build customer confidence and enable you to proactively identify and resolve technical and application challenges.
· Identify prospective Customers for specific products and applications, along with product sales gaps among current customers, through market and sales performance analysis.
· Work closely with our Product Management team to identify product challenges and requirements for new functionality, create tools for improving the sales process for complex products, and develop and execute a strategy for new product introductions.
· Maintain technical documentation to include engineering drawings, reference material and application data.
· Maintain a high level of motivation and commitment to helping the local sales team with promotion of ifm’s most complex products. Need to conduct training on products, applications, sales tools, project quotes, and sales arguments. Develop guidelines for selecting key accounts and applications with a long-term plan to “break into” the account. Make joint calls with ifm sales team and rep partners to build their confidence and help to “close” the business.
· BSME, BSEE, or BS in a related discipline.
· Three plus years practical hands-on experience with industrial controls and automation technologies, preferably in the areas of technical problem solving and controls architecture.
· Strong proficiency in PLC platforms, related programming languages, and ethernet architecture.
· Excellent presentation, interpersonal, writing, and technical problem solving skills.
· Strong team and customer orientation.
· Frequent local and regional travel to customer sites; approximately 50% overnight travel.
ifm efector, inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.