ifm electronic is a private, family owned global company with over 5,000 employees in 70 countries. Our core business is to develop and produce sensors and controls for industrial automation and process applications. ifm has received multiple awards for innovation and breakthrough technologies.
ifm is currently one of the world’s largest manufacturers of industrial sensors and controls, producing more than 13 million products which includes 9 million sensors annually. 90% of orders are processed and shipped same day with a monthly accuracy rate of 99%.
"Exceptional success can only be achieved when the employees believe in the company and when they know that they are treated in a fair and honest way." -ifm philosophy
ifm efector, inc., a subsidiary of ifm electronic, is headquartered in Malvern, PA.
We have a high growth pace in a collaborative work environment. ifm believes in openness to ideas and a culture where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions rather than title or tenure.
This position resides in the ifm Malvern manufacturing facility, which designs and manufactures temperature and flow sensor products, along with cable assemblies. This manufacturing engineering role is key to the greater ifm’s manufacturing success in the United States
• Design, develop and validate new sensors from initial prototypes to final products to be used in the process industry.
• Perform engineering design and develop specifications for precise mechanical components for our sensors.
• Design components for variety of manufacturing processes with the emphasis on metal forming and plastic injection molding. Work with outside vendors producing these components.
• Perform tolerance analysis for form, fit and function of high volume parts and assemblies.
• Work with engineering team to integrate sensor modules and electronics in product concepts.
• Develop and choose mechanical tests to be conducted and evaluate test results.
• Verify regulatory compliance (FDA, UL, CE, etc.).
• Solid academic background (BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent).
• Has demonstrated a level of competency to be awarded progressively, difficult projects in complex design and development of mechanical products with integrated electronics. Experience in the industrial process industry is preferred.
• Ability to create design concepts, layouts and detail drawings with appropriate tolerances.
• Strong computer skills using CAD for product design (SolidWorks preferred).
• Knowledge of and experience with plastic injection molding, machining, laser welding, metal forming or Plastic-to-metal bonding technologies would be a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Self-driven and willing to acquire new skills and grow in the position.
ifm prover USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.