ifm electronic is a global manufacturer of control systems for mobile machines. Established in 1969, ifm has more than 6,000 employees in 70 countries worldwide. As a leading technology company, ifm continues to make investments in the development of Telematic controls by utilizing the latest network possibilities via the IoT, contributing to the Industry 4.0 trend.
In the last 10 years, ifm has experienced an average of double-digit growth within its on/off highway market. With product lines including controllers, HMI’s, 3D camera systems, and sensors, ifm is in a leading position to help our customers in the mobile market succeed in their business.
ifm USA, established in 1985, is a subsidiary of ifm electronic, and employs 230 employees. The Corporate Headquarters, Manufacturing/Technology Center and Stocking Facility are located 25 miles west of Philadelphia. A team of sales engineers is located in major cities throughout the U.S., close to our customers.
· Discuss with customers their machine control, data acquisition, and vehicle requirements. Stay current on changes in mobile control technologies and trends.
· Maximize sales of ifm’s Driver Assistant Systems by capitalizing on opportunities at high potential accounts in the on/off highway Vehicle market segments
· Negotiate with customers to achieve a good balance between products and services offered, profitably and competitiveness.
· Customize sales presentations based on audience background and area of interest.
· Provide on-site support to customers during startup and implementation of a project. Conduct training seminars for contacts that are associated with the project.
· Work closely with the Industry Manager to identify the needs of the customers and markets with respect to new products, sales tools, and required services. Work closely with Product Marketing during pre-launch phases of new products.
· Technical problem solver who understands machine architecture, hardware and software interaction.
· Knowledge of Telematics, IoT / Connectivity application and market trends.
· Comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical, network technology, and sensor technology, including but not limited to optical and illumination systems.
· Excellent knowledge of working with mobile hydraulic and electronic controls, network technology (CAN, CANopen, SAE 1939) and sensor technology.
· Ability to identify and qualify key prospect accounts for potential opportunities.
· Understand customers’ business models and machine / application requirements to determine the business case for the ifm solution. Evaluate ifm efector's return on investment based on the total potential, effort required, and resulting margin.
· Ability to develop and execute a strategy to gain access to large potential accounts and win business against strong competition.
· B.S. in an Engineering discipline preferred.
· Five years of experience growing sales.
· Excellent communication, presentation, computer and negotiation skills.
· Ability to work independently in prioritizing daily workload.
· Ability to travel at least 50%, including internationally.
ifm efector, inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.