The Maintenance Foreman is responsible for the security, maintenance and services of various commercial properties in Missoula, Montana to ensure that they meet the needs of the organization and its employees. The Maintenance Foreman reports to the Maintenance and Facilities Manager.
As a team member of the Washington Corporations shared service maintenance and facilities team, the role will work with many individuals within Washington Corporations as well as other entities that is supports. A value-added member of the shared services maintenance and facilities team will include the following:
- Strong carpentry skills including but not limited to framing, finish work, hanging doors, drywall, trim and paint.
- Ability to work from ladders, manlifts, fall protection harnesses, and in confined space.
- Snowplow and forklift experience preferred. Various tasks including but not limited to physical security system monitoring and investigation, basic vehicle maintenance, furniture moving, keeping properties neat and clean, minor plumbing, mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Ensure facilities are safe and well-functioning.
- Keep and maintain financial and non-financial records.
- Ability to lead on internal repair/renovations/construction projects.
- Support the Manager with effective contract and vendor performance
- Effectively enhance and empower high quality reviews of HVAC, facilities and maintenance audit checks.
Role Expectations & Success:
This role is a key member of the Maintenance and Facilities shared service team. As a part of the Maintenance and Facilities team engagement is a critical factor for success. Opinions & contributions are valued and expected.
Key service expectations include but aren’t limited to:
- Customer service oriented.
- Written and oral communication. Able to give clear directions.
- Analytical and problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to lead teams and projects.
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture.
- Organization, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload.
- Ability to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems, blue prints and specification books.
- Thorough working knowledge of most phases of residential and commercial construction.
Minimum Role Requirements: Experience, Capabilities & Educational Expertise
- At least 5-years’ experience in general contracting with 1-2 years as a foreman, or similar experience.
- High school diploma required.
- Expectations of emergency on-call and flexible after hours 24/7 support for various properties.
- Normal business hours 7am until 4pm Monday through Friday.
- Knowledge and proven ability to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to exert 50-100 pounds of force occasionally and lift up to 75 pounds. This role spends a good deal of time on one’s feet and often involves bending, lifting, carrying and maneuvering into tight spaces.
- Clean driving record with a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Role Requirements: Experience, Capabilities & Educational Expertise:
- Trade school or other formalized training preferred.
- OSHA 30 certification preferred.
- Snowplow and forklift experience preferred.