To support the accounting needs of various entities and departments within the Washington Companies.
This role provides accounting services for Washington Corporations and various other entities that the Washington Corporations shared service accounting team supports. This role will be part of an integrated accounting team that supports many businesses and legal entities.
As a team member of the Washington Corporations shared service accounting team, the role will work with several individuals within Washington Corporations as well as other financial and operational staff in the entities that it supports. The information that is collected, analyzed and reported by this role is critical to the owners, departments heads and executives who oversee the operations and finances of these organizations. A value-added member of the shared service accounting team will be able to:
- Provides project updates and understand project accounting, including committed costs and procurement standards.
- Reviews contracts and identify financial and operational risks. They will work closely with the legal team to ensure that we fully understand our contractual commitments and the associated risks.
- In addition to daily accounting tasks, they will be skilled at financial analysis, including providing clear, concise support for variances.
- Identify best practices around general and project accounting as well as develop and document standard operating procedures.
- The accounting manager will assist the Company in assuring the accuracy and completeness of financial information. They will help develop and implement systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information.
Role Expectations & Success:
This role is a key member of the accounting shared service team and works closely with project managers and other departments in analyzing financial data and performing day to day accounting duties. Key service expectations include but aren’t limited to:
- Perform daily and month end accounting functions for assigned companies.
- Ensure the month-end and year-end closes are completed timely and accurately.
- Create and maintain various management and financial reporting requirements.
- Communicate with departments and project managers on project status, budget variance and forecasts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders for appropriate cost estimating and forecasting.
- Develops service standards and procedures to gain efficiencies and ensure accuracy of data.
- Effective at simplifying complexity and data visualization to assist in key stakeholder understanding of data.
- Ability to navigate complex organizations, quickly gain business insights and influence transparency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Role Requirements: Experience, Capabilities & Educational Expertise
- Experience: 4+ years of work experience in Accounting with demonstrated growth in responsibilities.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and understanding of financial statements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem solving expertise with a proven track record of identifying operational opportunities and executing action plans to close gaps in aligning finance maturity capabilities to business demand.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- JD Edwards experience is a plus.
- Possesses strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- CPA designation