Information Security Administrator
Washington Corporations is seeking an Information Security Administrator to join our talented IT- Security team. This position is a key member of the security team who will work collaboratively on the implementation of a comprehensive information security program for Washington Corporations to protect the IT assets and associated data from damage, theft, or malicious attacks of any kind. The Information Security Administrator position responsibility will span administrative and technical areas of information technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works with IT Security Manager to maintain and update a comprehensive information security program which includes information security policies and methodologies.
- Works with IT Security Manager to establish, plan, administer, and update the overall policies, goals, and procedures for the information security function.
- Initiates, implements and develops information security, records retention in accordance with organizational information security needs.
- Evaluates information risk and potential vulnerabilities on a regular time schedule.
- Promotes information security awareness through training and education.
- Coordinates with responsible stakeholders on all company information security-related activities, including password management, data management and data storage, electronic and otherwise.
- Assesses risk and responds to incidents on company information systems, including data networks, telecom networks, web systems, data center systems, and other data management assets.
- Monitors and audits systems and data logs to identify potential threats to the company’s networks and systems.
- Monitors and
- to various security folders that track malware problems from users.
- Consults and interfaces with network administrators, system administrators, desktop support staff, web developers, and non-ITS departments on security issues and requirements.
- Continually develops processes and workflows for bringing new employees into company systems, as well as ensuring departing employees are properly removed from systems.
- Administers information security education programs for company stakeholders.
- Works with company data center, networking, desktop support, and engineering staff to recommend configuration and maintenance of network, systems, and information security equipment.
- Documents changes to systems and networks that impact company security.
- Improves security efficiency, streamlines work processes and works collaboratively with IT department personnel to accomplish objectives.
- On-call response to remediate critical problems with networks, systems, security alerts and notifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Individuals must possess certain knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Familiarity and knowledge of security administration best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of data security including encryption, intrusion detection, firewalls, virus protection, etc.
- Understand the issues involved with managing, administering and maintaining institutional technology infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, wireless access, email, etc.
- Ability to review and evaluate the company’s networks and collaborate on recommendations for changes
- Must have superior communication skills, both orally and in writing, using the English language.
- Must have excellent customer skills.
- Ability to gather information from other IT staff and non-IT staff to obtain information regarding potentially related problems to network systems.
- Knowledge of monitoring and maintaining routers, switches, firewalls, and other networking devices.
- Ability to research and recommend purchases of tools to maintain and improve the company’s information security systems.
- Ability to use office equipment, computers, and network diagnostic tools.
- Ability to work cooperatively with and contribute to a diverse workplace through ideas or experience.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology related field and/or equivalent field experience with network infrastructure activities in the areas of monitoring, configuring and upgrading.
- Minimum two (2) year's IT-related work experience in the following key areas; Hands-on experience with networking equipment such as firewalls, routers, switches, and network or data center security appliances/devices. Hands-on network administration experience.
- Strong Microsoft Windows system administration skills
- Knowledge of Windows desktop systems.
- Functional knowledge of TCP/IP routing, DNS, DHCP, TCP and UDP, firewalls, routers, and network appliances.
- Experience with large-scale LANs/WANs
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7and 10, LDAP, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Servers, VMWare, MS SQL Server, web platforms and Linux O/S.
- Experience with various wireless systems and protocols and how to secure them
- Familiar with network scanning software
- Security Administration knowledge and education such as
- Performing risk assessments
- Designing and developing security policies and programs
- Educating others on security risks and mitigation strategies
- Basic graphic and web design skills
- Thorough understanding of PC hardware/software configuration
Certifications: GSEC, GIAC, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CCENT or CCNA
Working at Washington Corporations
Washington Corporations, headquartered in Missoula, Montana, provides central and administrative shared services to the Washington Companies. The company employs professionals in information technology, tax management, human resources, legal services, accounting, business development, communications, real estate management, aviation, travel, facilities, and hospitality.
Washington Corporations provides a competitive compensation package based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate. This salary package will include full participation in Washington Corporations benefits programs including 401K, health benefits, wellness, and scholarship opportunities for immediate family members.
Get to Know Missoula, Montana
Consistently ranked one of the country’s top places to live, Missoula balances over 400 acres of city parkland with a wealth of local artists and writers, making it a paradise for art and nature lovers alike. The city of 70,000 hosts a wealth of local restaurants, cafes, coffee houses and breweries and the University of Montana attracts athletes and researchers from around the country to the northern Rockies.