Washington Corporations, headquartered in Missoula, Montana, provides central and administrative services to the Washington Companies. We are currently seeking a highly talented and self-driven Staff Accountant to join our team.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records of the Company and accurately recording the day-to-day financial transactions, and providing assistance to the Accounting Managers, Tax Manager, and Senior Accounting Managers.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily and month-end accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, preparing monthly billings; preparing journal entries, spreadsheets, and account reconciliations; accounting for fixed assets, and other projects as assigned.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in monthly variance reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Maintain employee credit card records, reconcile related general ledger accounts, enter monthly charges and prepare expense reports for executives and other entity management personnel.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by Senior Management.
- Prepare payment requests.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial transactions and records.
- Prepare various year-end schedules and audit work-papers.
- Prepare US and Canadian tax returns and supporting schedules.
- Perform any and all duties as requested by management.
- As Washington Corporations and other related companies change and evolve, all essential duties and responsibilities are subject to change in order to meet the growing needs of the organization.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT REQUIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Experience with Enterprise One and Business Intelligence preferred.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple duties simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks as needed. The individual will work closely with AP Specialists, Accounting Managers, and other accounting personnel.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Two to three years’ public or private accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred, but not required.
Washington Corporations is an Equal Opportunity Employer