The Washington Corporations is looking for a driven, self-starter to join our innovative Information Technology Team in the role of
Software Developer located in Missoula, MT.
As a Software Developer this position is full time and will be part of a talented software development team working with the Washington Companies. In this position you will be responsible for supporting existing systems, as well as managing and developing new custom systems, websites, portals and integrations across the Washington Companies.
Our team environment is critical to our success. You will be expected to work effectively in a team environment, utilizing a free exchange of ideas. Candidates need to have exceptional multitasking skills, high attention to detail, ability to work efficiently with quick turnarounds, manage multiple projects and a passion for learning new technologies.
- Technical Skills – experience to be able to discern and advise our team who believes in a strong mix of languages and using the right tool to match the unique challenges.
- 2+ years of experience of object oriented programming
- C# and SOA (creating and consuming Web Services) experience preferred
- 2+ years in front end web design and development
- 2+ years of experience in database development and SQL
- Project Management Skills – experience with the planning, organizing and then management of the resources required to complete a specific task. These required soft skills include analysis (impact of change), communicate effectively, budgeting (preparing it, writing it and monitoring it), teamwork, intelligence (clear vision of all aspects of the project), calmness (working calmly under stressful situations) and good with time management
- System Analysis Skills – these competencies included leadership, communication, organizational dynamics, strategy, process & tactic, technology breadth and technology depth. The person is capable in project solving and has the right balanced mix of technical and business skills.
- The individual should have a working knowledge of software development using an object oriented language. If C# is not the primary language known, we will require the person to learn it which will position them to be involved in migrating legacy RPG systems to our newer technology standards.
- In this role you will be required to have business analysis skills that will focus on both the business and system requirements. This involves planning the requirements development process, determining which requirements are the highest priority for implementation and managing change. We are looking for resourcefulness. We don’t expect people to know everything, so the ability to figure things out fast and independently is key.
Professional Competencies Required:
- Listens to other and accepts input from team members
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Establish positive working relationship with team members
- Appreciate each teach member’s contributions and value each individual member
- Values internal and external customers and responds to their needs as they arise
- Establish effective working relationships with customers
- Uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with customers
- Experience managing a project from beginning to end including project planning, scoping, schedules and budget.
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and accountability for area of responsibility and related results.
This role is required to enter 100% of your time, with a billing target of your time to Washington Company customers for work they request, using the service request, project management and time tracking systems used by Washington Corporations.
This role will require periodic after-hours work (including evenings, weekends and holidays) to conduct application testing, “go-live” support, maintenance, emergency outage or disaster recovery support. Additionally, you will share on-call responsibilities for evenings, holidays and weekends with your team as directed by management.
The position requires periodic travel to meet and work with our customers, vendors, and partners in the United States, Canada and possibly abroad. A passport for international travel must be maintained during your employment and candidate must be able to travel to foreign countries.
- 2+ years related experience preferred.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields.