San Joaquin Valley Rehabilitation Hospital, part of the Vibra Healthcare system, offers both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services to a diverse patient population. San Joaquin Valley Rehabilitation is well-known and respected within the local health care community. If you are from this area, chances are you know someone - a former patient, family member or friend, perhaps - who has something very positive to say about San Joaquin. And our reputation is growing. In 2011, San Joaquin recertified the CARF accreditation for our stroke rehabilitation program and comprehensive integrated inpatient rehab program and was granted an additional certification for the amputee specialty program. We feature competitive salary programs and a location that is just a short drive to the mountains, the ocean, and some of the nation’s most spectacular scenery.
San Joaquin Valley Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking a Full Time Health Information Management Clerk/Technician to join our team!
*This would be a Full Time, Temp position.
The HIM Clerk/Tech is responsible for assembling and analyzing patient medical records, processing health information requests, and filing. Assists with release of appropriately documented information requests and performs routine data collection. Assists with chart completion to ensure proper sequence of documents, confirms presence of authorized signatures, required documents, and identification on all forms. Assures timely access to complete records for coding purposes. Generates transcription reports and updates deficiencies in company’s electronic or medical record system. Provides support to the HIM Manager/Director as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Previous medical records clerical experience preferred.
- Experience performing quantitative analysis in a medical records department preferred.
- Current, valid, and active RHIT or RHIA certification preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.