The Project Engineer Internship is a temporary position as a Project Engineer Intern with an emphasis of on-the-job training rather than merely employment, making it similar to an apprenticeship. This position is for a fixed period of time and requires current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management or related field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the Engineering Team with duties associated with construction projects such as: monitoring of job site
activities, cost estimating, document preparation, spreadsheet updates, and filing.
• Enters RFI’s and submittals into Prolog accurately, proficiently, and in a timely manner.
• Performs On Screen Takeoffs
• Possess the ability to attend meetings and transcribe detailed meeting minutes clearly, precisely and
• Performs site measurements accurately.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of commercial construction projects.
• Gains knowledge and understanding of construction terms and descriptions.
• Performs tasks with commitment to excellence and a high level of motivation to learn new tasks and assume
additional job responsibilities.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within construction field. High level or
professionalism, flexibility, responsibility and creativity are required.
• Must be comfortable working in a team environment.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of assigned tasks.
• Able to work receive guidance and direction and clearly understand what is required by asking pertinent
questions and have the ability to work independently.
• Must be proactive in seeking and/or asking for clarification if there is ambiguity when directed to complete a
• Must be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough. Creative and resourceful in completing tasks
accurately in a compressed timeframe. Good written and oral communications skills.
• Must have the ability to prioritize and re-schedule priorities when necessary.
• Must have good written and oral communications skills.
Education and Experience:
Current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in Engineering or Construction Management or related field is
Experience: Previous engineering and/or construction management experience or internships
preferred by not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability)