General Purpose of the Position:
Rudolph and Sletten's Assistant Controller is involved in directing, controlling, planning, organizing and coordinating the business activities and reporting the Business Unit’s financial performance in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Business Unit Controller and CFO.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Other supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to: training and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, delegating and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and resolving employee issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review owner contracts, leasing, cash flow forecasting and budgeting by project.
- Analyzes, identifies, interprets and evaluates financial, accounting, cost and trend reports.
- Performs forecasting tasks and creates and reviews profit and loss statements.
- Participates in contract negotiations and considers and advises on financing options, favorable terms and contractual risks.
- Develops and supports marketing strategies and provides directions on terms and pricing strategies to support the business objectives.
- Manage cash position, project cash requirements on weekly basis, assists Executive Management in the creation, implementation and updating of company budget.
- Assist Executive Management with Capital Planning and Financial Analysis projects, as required.
- Develop and maintain Cost Accounting System to provide accurate and timely information to Executive Management and customers.
- Work with external professionals on preparation of tax returns and other filings.
- Establish, modify documents, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Provide training and assistance to Accounting personnel.
- Preparation and maintenance of all books of account of the Company.
- Preparation and interpretation of interim financial statements, reports, analysis, etc. as required.
- Preparation of annual and interim forecasts of financial results.
- Preparation of annual departmental budgets and periodic analysis of actual results.
- Preparation of federal, state and local tax returns, pre-qualification reports and other such reports.
- Preparation for, and conduct of, the annual examination by outside independent auditors, customer auditors, and other outside parties.
- Monitoring overall accounting systems, procedures and internal control.
- Supervision of, and technical assistance to, the finance and accounting staff.
- Assisting in any special projects for Executive Management, as appropriate.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Some travel required.
Required Job Skills:
- Candidate must display previous experience working with complex interdepartmental projects.
- JD Edwards experience is a major plus.
- Public Company experience including transaction support, SEC filings, Corporate Governance and SOX 404 Compliance.
- Formal end-user acceptance testing and end-user training related education is a plus.
- Candidate must be capable of working with multiple entities (internal groups, contractors, clients) in the requirements definition, design, testing, training, and implementation of applications and systems.
- Candidate will be required to interface with all levels of management within Tutor Perini and other organizations/companies.
- Influential and experienced leader skilled in completing projects, prioritization, delegation, and driving completion of initiatives.
- Leader who embraces ownership and delivers on commitments.
- Effective Mentor who gets the most out of their team.
- Strong understanding of Cost Accounting. Must know your way around a Construction Company.
Computer Equipment and Software:
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows / Outlook / PowerPoint /Access Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
- Knowledge of JDE / Prolog software a plus
Education and Experience:
- Certification: CPA certificate or CMA certificate a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Eight years of Construction Industry experience in a Senior Controller position or similar experience in public accounting.
- Budget Forecasting experience is required.
- Candidate needs to have a strong knowledge of GAAP and Cost Accounting skills.
- Industry Leader Salaries
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Training, growth opportunities, and reimbursed educational assistance