Rudolph and Sletten is looking for a Cost Engineer to assist Estimators in all aspects of Preconstruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform quantity survey for self-performed and subcontractor work
- Solicit subcontractor/vendor quotations, and distribute bid documents
- Be knowledgeable of respective scopes of work and responsibilities
- Assist in preparing bid documents (Instructions to Bidders, Amendments, Bid Forms, Appendices, etc.) for a smaller project or a specific phase or component of a larger project
- Assist in preliminary budgets and final bid estimates for a smaller project or a specific phase or component of a larger project
- Relate the actual field cost to the estimated costs
- Maintain a daily project diary and cost reports during field training to provide the estimating staff with actual R&S crew productivity information
- Become knowledgeable of the R&S safety program and procedures as they relate to a specific project and how they are accounted for in the estimate
- Other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Basic understanding of construction issues and the ability to understand construction documents.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
Computer Equipment and Software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in civil or structural engineering or construction management or related field
- Industry Leader Salaries
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Training, growth opportunities, and reimbursed educational assistance