Rudolph and Sletten has an immediate need for a Senior Engineer to monitor activities at construction job sites. This includes working to ensure construction is progressing as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to and leading and directing the work of others. This position reports directly to the Operations Engineering Manager and all other assigned supervisors.
This position has supervisory responsibilities. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to; training and mentoring employees, planning, assigning, delegating and directing work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Inspects construction site daily and works with contractors to schedule deliveries
- Demonstrates understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures within construction field
- Interprets designs and drawings for crafts installing materials
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems, discrepancies and interference within area of discipline with A/E supervision, client, and other contractors as required
- Prepares designs for field build forms, shoring, trays, hangers, pads, etc., as required. Researches vendor data for customized products as needed
- Reviews and approves field design change requests prepared by field and area engineers
- Updates field work procedure documents as required and researches and interprets Codes, technical manuals, journals, etc. as needed
- Reviews A/E supplied drawings and purchases order specifications to ensure that vendor has adequate information to supply required field furnished material, field furnished material has been ordered, and delivery dates support schedule
- Provides technical direction and supervision to engineering personnel. Provides review of A/E design documents for construction feasibility
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline
- Trains lower level Project Engineers in quality control procedures
- Monitors subcontractor and company progress in resolving quality control issues. Monitors subcontractor compliance with quality control process
- Reviews RFI log status to minimize aging issue impacts
- Reviews submittals for LEED compliance
- Reviews mock-ups and/or shop drawings and insures compliance with work in progress
- Verifies the accuracy of NCR/DR/FOR logs
- Verifies the accuracy of Procurement and Concrete logs
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of discipline, construction technology, design, applicable codes, standards, etc., required
- Analyzes and resolves complex engineering problems and effectively communicates and interfaces with all levels of personnel
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications and team skills
- Performs work tasks by receiving direction and then working independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities
- Demonstrates ability to be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough. Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed time frame
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to include health, safety, and welfare as appropriate
Required Job Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- Project management of development initiatives
- Possess strong planning, budgeting, staffing, marketing and presentation skills
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Office Systems; Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Prolog or similar software required.
- Advanced blueprint reading ability required.
- Advanced understanding of scheduling, estimating and cost software required.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD product line is required.
- Advanced skill level of On Screen Takeoff (OST) or similar software required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Working knowledge of surveying techniques and equipment, assigned discipline design and overall engineering standards is necessary.
- Industry Leader Salaries
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Training, growth opportunities, and reimbursed educational assistance