TMC HealthCare is Southern Arizona's regional nonprofit hospital system with Tucson Medical Center at its core. Each day staff comes to work to use their skills and expertise to improve the health of the entire community, from birth to the end of life.
Provides overall strategic and operational leadership for the Cardiovascular and Imaging Service Line. Expected to create an environment that is responsive to patient needs and that will strengthen and support a positive working relationship between TMC and the physicians. Supports the Cardiovascular and Imaging Service Line in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in applicable Service Line Agreements (SLA’s). Primary responsibilities are: to assure that safe and cost effective services are provided to TMC’s patients by an engaged group of community and hospital-based physicians; to provide coordinated leadership of selected units/departments; and to serve as the primary point of contact for physicians and practices utilizing the organization’s facilities. Assumes other responsibilities delegated by Chief Operating Officer.
Provide operational leadership of all facets of cardiovascular and imaging operations at TMC.
Support business development, marketing, new product identification and strategic planning for cardiovascular and imaging services.
Enhance the organization’s position in the market with regard to the visibility and usage of the cardiovascular and imaging service line.
Serve as liaison to cardiovascular physicians and practices that utilize TMC services.
Promote service line efficiencies and quality of care through process improvement initiatives.
Develop and sustain physician relationships to increase involvement and recruitment of community referring physicians.
Support the attainment of SLA metrics.
Responsible for service line financial reporting and data collection as required by SLA’s and for internal monitoring of quality of care and financial performance.
Manage assigned divisions, departments and units as assigned.
Provide matrix oversight of all hospital departments and services that impact the quality and cost efficiency of the cardiovascular service line.
Utilize Lean principals in all facets of the operations as necessary to continuously improve the value to the patient.
Represent the Cardiovascular and Imaging service line in all aspects of TMC operations and management.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Master’s degree highly preferred).
EXPERIENCE: Five to ten (5-10) years of management experience in a related field.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Clinical certification(s) as dictated by the service line.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the cardiac and imaging product line and current technology.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, extensive financial reports, and/or legal documents.
- Ability to respond to sensitive and/or confidential inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions and to apply mathematical operations to solve or analyze job-related situations.
- Ability to create financial forecasts and budgets.
- Ability to identify positive or negative variances from expected outcomes.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.