TMC HealthCare is Southern Arizona's regional nonprofit hospital system with Tucson Medical Center at its core. Each day staff comes to work to use their skills and expertise to improve the health of the entire community, from birth to the end of life.
Transports patients to their in-patient bed and/or to and from other areas such as surgery, therapy, or radiology in a safe and timely manner. Retrieves medical records, lab results, supplies, and medications. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances. Maintains and cleans equipment. May assist with parking and retrieving patients’ vehicles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Adheres to TMC organizational and department specific safety, sanitation, confidentiality, standards of behavior and values of Compassion, Community, Dedication, and Integrity. Works collaboratively and supports efforts of other team members.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with visitors and staff.
Assists clinical personnel in transferring patients to or from beds, chairs, wheelchairs or stretchers.
Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary, and support department areas as directed.
Collects specimens, cultures, non-narcotic medications, orders and requisitions and delivers items to appropriate destinations.
Completes assignment log and obtains authorized signatures for each assignment.
Drives patient vehicles as a valet service; meets patients at hospital entrances and assists with getting them into the hospital.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age due the nature of the job and the occasional exposure to hazardous working conditions.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE : Six (6) months of transporting experience, preferably in an acute care setting.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION : Heartsaver CPR (HSCPR or HSFACPR) certification. Valid AZ driver’s license preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of safety practices used in the transporting of personnel or merchandise.
- Skill in following directions and maintaining work documentation.
- Ability to read or listen and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to organize thoughts and speak effectively with employees, colleagues and customers.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to read a clock and accurately document time.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.