Responsible for all network preventive maintenance, institutional maintenance and demand maintenance of the HFC networks from Master Headend to subscriber CPE equipment ensuring compliance with all Mediacom Engineering practices and FCC rules, regulations and procedures.
• Responsible for day to day engineering tasks for area including Preventive and Demand Maintenance.
• Responsible for development and roll out of fiber restoration plan.
• Provides guidance and training in the procedures to Perform System Sweeping, Alignment, Testing, Analysis, Troubleshooting, Ingress / Egress monitoring, Repair and Certification, including RF two way and leakage monitoring.
• Responsible for all transport networks and equipment installations, existing equipment upgrades and modifications between the Master Headend, hubs and hub to hub within the Region.
• Produces and maintains documentation and records for all activities and testing as required by Mediacom Policy.
• Directs the performance of annual and semi annual tests including the FCC POP tests, Annual CLI Reports and any other Mediacom required or recommended tests and measurements.
• Performs training of system personnel as needed, as well as provide direction and assistance for training of all technical associates.
• Travel required within geographical service area and on call technical availability.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 70lbs (including 28 ft ladder); uses bucket truck when required (after receiving certification). Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly protects and defends Mediacom equipment, property, and materials against loss, theft or damage. Maintains all equipment assigned in proper working order including regular calibration, repair, adjustment, and alignment.
• Other functions that may be assigned.
• 10+ years in a field technical position including CATV and Project management experience.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to safely climb and descend portable ladders, towers or other structures; operate aerial lift vehicles.
• Ability to lift and carry loads up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to manipulate connectors, fasteners, wire and hand tools, including but not limited to, shovels, picks, wrenches, and other general or specialized small hand tools.
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Codes.
• SCTE BCT, BCE certification or NCTI courses a plus.
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Mediacom's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited.
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 845-443-2408. Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.