Performs mapping of aerial, underground and apartments in accordance with safety regulations, Mediacom policies and procedures, good workmanship; utility, federal, state and local codes.
• Performs strand mapping for new build areas.
• Performs walk out of apartment complexes and MDU’s.
• Knowledgeable in general CATV construction practices and able to direct contractors and or in house on work to be preformed.
• Able to read system prints and understand the operation of CATV.
• Performs field engineering of road projects and force relocates.
• Participate in meetings with developers and state projects.
• Develops familiarity with preventative maintenance, i.e., sweeping, balancing, signal leakage detection and monitoring, voltage measurement, and stand-by power testing.
• Produce reports as required on the operation of the plant facility.
• Functions in various weather conditions within safety constraints.
• Provides input to supervisor on projects.
• Performs quality control inspections, and construction on a regular basis to assure quality and recommend additional training as needed.
• Knowledge in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Perform all other duties assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required, 4 year Degree preferred.
• 2-3 years experience in the CATV field.
Competency in reading and understanding HFC Network maps
Knowledge of fiber documentation and splicing
• Ability to carry 75 pounds with no accommodations (Minimum).
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
• Knowledge of all construction tools and equipment including; bucket trucks, lasher, blocks, pulling grips, stand/cable trailers, cable layers, hoists, bolt cutters, lay-up sticks and hand lines.
Keywords: Construction, cable maintenance
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Mediacom's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited.
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com or dial 845-443-2408. Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.