Sr. Network Engineer (Route/Switch) – Midwest or East Coast
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that brings an innovative and proven approach to how organizations around the world evaluate, architect and implement technology.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, Service Providers and the Federal Government. WWT employs over 2,500 people and operates more than 1.5 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the past three years.
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Sr. Network Engineer to support our Professional Services team located in Midwest or East Coast. The Design Engineer will be responsible for providing technical ownership on our Professional Services engagements. Candidates must be willing to travel 75%.
- Review and approve Professional Services Level of Efforts & Statements of Work.
- Validate Bills of Material prior to services engagements.
- Create Levels of Effort and Statements of Work for services engagements.
- Create High-Level Designs and some Low-Level Designs.
- Provide peer reviews to deployment engineers to ensure design compliance.
- Review and recommend process changes.
- Coach and mentor other engineers on best practices.
- Work with Sales engineers to translate initial scope into actionable items.
- Hand off design to implementation engineers or implementation team.
Qualified candidates will have 5 to 10 years of hands-on Cisco experience, with recent experience in a Design or Architecture function. Qualified applicants need to specialize in Cisco Route and Switch and Wireless technologies, but would also want to learn other Cisco Advanced Technologies (i.e. UC, Security, & video). Candidate must have enterprise design experience with the following:
Nexus 5K & 7K
Security, NAC, Firewalls
Cisco Wireless Access Points and Controllers
Wireless Site Survey
RF Assessments and Design
Indoor and Outdoor Wireless Design
Infrastructure Design (Layer 1)
Cisco CCNP or CCIE and Specialty Certifications are preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and presentation skills required. The position would require 75% travel and would primarily be focused in the post-sales area. The candidate however, should feel comfortable supporting the sales effort with presentations and meeting with customers.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.