Responsible for coordinating each assigned tenant that requires Open to Buy or Lease Action attention, including defining the game plan to maximize our opportunities to complete new deals. Identify upcoming Lease Actions including new deal possibilities, expirations and kickouts and insure each Lease Action is accounted for and addressed in some manner with the tenant. Work with Leasing and tenants to facilitate the proper vehicle to address the Lease Actions and implement a follow-up program to ensure that both SPG and tenant’s objectives are met.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Review criteria of assigned tenants and identify whether a Portfolio Review should be held in Indianapolis, a regional office or at the tenant’s office. If a formal meeting isn’t warranted, and properties should be presented, determine if a package of opportunities should be sent to get deals started.
- Difference Makers, Lease actions, growth plans, OTBs and tenant risk are all factors in determining the type of meeting, if any, is needed.
- Contact assigned tenants and develop relationships to enhance the Portfolio Review process.
- Perform an analytical analysis of Cognos, Locations Not In Reports, Tenant Financials, SPG Difference Makers, etc, to determine the objectives to be addressed in the meeting with the tenant to ensure a productive meeting that meets both the tenant’s and Simon’s needs.
- Understand tenant’s OTBs, expirations, financial status, new concepts and productivity before approving the scheduling of a review.
- Work with the New Business Team to inform leasing of new concepts in the market as well as prepare Proposal Schedules, TSD's, Lease Plans, etc to assist the New Business Team in meetings with potential new tenants to our portfolio.
- In preparation for the tenant Portfolio Review meeting, provide Leasing Senior Management and/or Account Executive as well as Leasing, the analytical information in an organized and consistent manner that allows the Leasing team to make clear and concise decisions. Address any and all questions Leasing and Senior Management may have.
- Develop and review the meeting agenda based on the strategy that has been set for the tenant’s portfolio by Executive Leasing and the Portfolio Review team. Ensure this is sent to Leasing in a reasonable time frame so Leasing has time to prepare.
- As applicable, prepare a proposal schedule, with location, size, TSD, Date of Possession and economics (as appropriate) to be sent to the tenant to enhance the success of the meeting or for other applicable meetings.
- Prepare Executive Summaries for Sr. Management to detail retailer status within portfolio in preparation for retailer meetings and conferences.
- Research trade publications, as well as work with leasing, to discover new retailers and get them into our portfolio. Create strategy for retailer growth by examining demographics, sales trends and market growth. Escalate to the EVP team if necessary.
- Summarize ICSC convention results from Las Vegas and New York. Provide to leasing the tenants with OTBs, prototype changes and any new concepts uncovered during convention. Prioritize those tenants to chase deals. Escalate any issues to the EVP team.
- Location Not In Reports: Our business is built around new deals with tenants. Identify locations the tenant is not located and, based upon the criteria, if the tenant appears to be a match. Ensure the agent considers these points in deciding whether to present a property.
- Participate in the actual tenant meeting, addressing any and all issues to ensure the meeting runs smoothly and also take the official meeting notes. Analyze target tenants to ensure we are chasing them for deals. Observe Leasing Agent presentations and provide feedback to Lease Services Management in what works well, what doesn't and possible solutions so we may address accordingly.
- Primary liaison with the assigned tenant organizing the applicable meeting, meals, attendees, transportation, etc.
- Facilitate any tenant requests and provide proper support for their request for other needs outside of Lease Services, including but not limited to, Tenant Coordination, Legal and Property Management inquiries.
- Responsible for obtaining and identifying issues existing in the portfolio, including but not limited to, Credit Analysis, AR balances, lease issues, and Tenant Coordination and escalate as applicable.
- Provide support documentation such as updated regional maps, leasing rep contact information and user friendly organizational charts to Tenant upon their request.
- Keep tenant space, co-tenant and growth information up-to-date in Salesforce.
- Assist the National Restaurant team with annual meetings to set strategy to get the best restaurant retailers and capture top spots within the malls.
- Business Degree required
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral
- Sales experience preferred
- Detail orientated