Position can be located in New York City, Indianapolis or other major metro areas.
The primary purpose of the National Director of Business Development is to use his/her experience, vision, and contacts, to sell Simon Malls as a Marketing Medium to brands, agencies and businesses at a National level. The National Director will also have experience executing location based campaigns utilizing new technologies including mobile integration.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identify, create and sell revenue opportunities through strategic positioning of mall assets, media assets, and mall programming in order to achieve the financial sales goals of our property portfolio.
- Achieve or exceed personal sales goals and all property based monthly revenue budgets.
- Create compelling client solutions to advertising objectives, articulate the benefits of Simon Malls, and close large single or multi property advertising, sponsorship, or promotional programs on a regular basis.
- Target, pitch, and develop relationships with all companies within key categories (auto, health care, entertainment, retail, education, etc.) located within his/her market.
- Support the execution of retailer marketing efforts, brand partnerships and enterprise-wide campaigns
- Execute leases and collect client receivables.
- Communicate daily with local property, corporate and regional leadership teams.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience selling advertising (preferably OOH), sponsorships, promotions, or marketing services, including recent experience executing location based campaigns and other new technologies including facial recognition, programmatic digital, and mobile.
- Extensive direct personal contacts with key advertising decision makers
- Extremely self-motivated, energetic, creative, independent person who can handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Adept at prospecting new business and able to effectively communicate the value proposition of Simon Malls as an advertising solution
- Experience in the shopping mall and retail industry a plus
- Excellent selling, negotiating, proposal writing and presentation skills including fluency in multi-media presentation development
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word is required; Lotus Notes and CRM software a plus
- Eagerness to learn and grow in fast paced business development group and a commitment to do what it takes to “get the job done”
- Some overnight travel is required