The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for driving the strategy, planning, execution and performance for Porch’s overall marketing and demand generation efforts and will be the organizational leader for our homeowner-facing initiatives, spanning marketing, product development and customer operations. Furthermore, they will be the executive responsible for our data science, business intelligence and marketplace teams as well. The ideal candidate will have deep marketing experience, with a data-driven approach to driving scale and efficiency across a wide variety of disciplines. Success in this role requires having deep and broad expertise in marketing, product management and operations with a history of creating scalable solutions and processes and a razor-sharp command of the P&L. Marketplace experience in particular will be valuable given that Porch is a multi-levered home services marketplace.
- You have the ability to work with wide range of people at all decision-making levels, from the Board to individual engineers and individual contributors.
- You have experience influencing and organizing others, whether in a direct management capacity or through experience managing projects
- You have relentlessly high standards and a high attention to detail
- You think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution
- You are comfortable holding people accountable
- You have experience with interpreting and managing to performance data as a means to drive results; your background and strengths lean more to data-driven performance marketing than brand
- You are optimistic with a strong bias for action
- You are willing to get your hands dirty and dig into the details as needed with your team
- You have previous project management experience and strong organizational skills
- You have exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You have the ability to work in an ambiguous environment with a high-level of self-motivation and self-direction
- You are passionate about leading, mentoring and nurturing high-performance teams and managers
- You have a strong work ethic and grit, willing to work early, late, or long as needed to set the standard for your team and ensure goals are met.
- You care for the people you work with and can adhere to Porch’s No Jerks, No Ego value.
- MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Operations or related field
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in high-growth, venture-backed technology companies
- Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams spanning marketing, product management, operations and data science/business intelligence
- Experience owning and effectively deploying multi-million-dollar marketing budgets
- Expert-level understanding of multiple acquisition and/or retention marketing channels (e.g., SEM, SEO, email marketing, loyalty programs) with proven wins in previous roles and a strong and deep understanding of the metrics and performance
- Experience leading or leveraging product and engineering teams to deliver programmatic, automated solutions to drive performance marketing at scale
- Experience leading data science and data engineering efforts for your organization with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
- Craft a comprehensive homeowner vision for Porch, one that ties all of our various departmental efforts across the organization
- Build awareness for the Porch brand through various means, including refining our messaging and positioning for homeowners, driving our communications and media relations efforts, and building scalable online marketing channels
- Expand our efforts around increasing LTV per homeowner through product innovation, lifecycle marketing, improving the homeowner funnel experience, integrating our various value propositions into a cohesive, delightful homeowner experience
- Drive significant increases in demand for Porch by both leveraging our existing channels and funnels as well as building new/emerging channel opportunities
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to deliver against the broader Porch strategy as it relates to enhancing our business lines, merchandising specific opportunities and building stronger bridges with our strategic partners
- Be a mentor and leader to the homeowner-facing teams and provide career development opportunities for high-performance team members across the company
- Provide reliable and consistent performance forecasts and spend projections
- Evangelize best practices to the broader organization for awareness and education
Porch sprang to life to tackle an age old, recurring problem: moving in, maintaining, and managing one’s home is hard. Porch is becoming the partner for the home, helping homeowners to get any home project done, both by providing Porch Services to get all small jobs done ourselves and a large professional network to provide homeowners with multiple quotes for larger projects. Home services is a $400 billion market and Porch is positioned to build a large and rapidly growing company with an opportunity to change home ownership. Porch’s mission is to ensure every home project gets done, with every customer satisfied. We aim to build a lasting brand that delivers quality, data-driven, delightful results.
Porch was founded by successful entrepreneurs and is led by an experienced team of techies who build beautiful products, are operationally-minded, data-driven, have relentless customer focus, and put team before self. Based in Seattle, Porch is backed by Valor Equity Partners, Lowe’s Home Improvement, and many others.