The Digital Writer will create content for Pokémon’s marketing sites (including Pokemon.com) and email campaigns. The position will write about topics across all of The Pokémon Company International’s (TPCi’s) pillars (such as video games, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, and animation), and in a voice tailored to our audience.
What You Will Do
- Write copy covering a diverse portfolio of content, sometimes under tight deadlines and rapidly changing parameters.
- Contribute creative ideas for new types of content and editorial opportunities based on a thorough understanding of our audience.
- Work closely with Online Marketing Producers and other stakeholders to help execute marketing initiatives.
- Track content workflow through review, editing, asset creation, and delivery
- Maintain security standards related to confidential information
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years’ professional marketing writing experience
- Experience in search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel; content management system (CMS) experience a plus
- Knowledge of the Pokémon brand strongly preferred
How You Will Be Successful
- Creativity and Vision: You are eager to brainstorm new and creative ways to engage with Pokémon fans on multiple levels and covering a variety of interests
- Work Excellence: You are a skilled and entertaining writer who can adjust your writing style to fit your audience, and work under tight deadline when needed
- Bias for Action: You can take the initiative in seeking news and information for upcoming stories, and can effectively manage your own workload, including balancing and shifting multiple tasks as priorities change
- Collaboration and Inclusion: You can maintain a positive and easy rapport with coworkers, associates, and with members of the Pokémon community, plus comfort with working with editors
- Attention to Detail: You value quality and meticulous accuracy in your work, and always make a clear effort to deliver your best
- Passion for Pokémon: You know the Pokémon brand well and enjoy Pokémon products and the community of Pokémon fans
- Focus on Security: You can work with confidential assets and information, keeping the highest possible security standards
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel to Pokémon-related events (including internationally) may be required (up to 5%).
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed