Graphic Designer - Production (1-year fixed term)
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary Of The Role
The Production Designer will create and deliver completed graphic files of localized packaging assets and components of the Pokémon Trading Card Game. Duties converting existing graphics files into foreign language versions and preparing them for print. This is not a creative Graphic Design position, but it will require a high level of detail, technical print knowledge, and ability to match existing designs with precision. The qualified candidate will also be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
A strong graphic design portfolio is required with your application for consideration.
What You Will Do
* Create print-ready graphics files in multiple languages using industry standard graphics software/applications
* Ability to adhere to pre-designed templates and strict production guidelines
* Maintain strict attention to detail
* Meticulously review of proofs from print vendors
* Keep projects on schedule
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Interact with various teams and stakeholders within the company
* Ability to work overtime if necessary to meet deadlines
* Other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring
* Minimum 2 years of experience in typesetting, layout and file preparation for print
* Extensive knowledge of print technology and pre-press processes
* Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
* Experience with localization, online graphics, or 3D software a plus
* Ability to navigate MS Word and Excel
* Bachelor or Associate degree a plus; Industry experience most desirable
* Note: Ability to speak/write in multiple languages is not required
How You Will Be Successful
* Highly Productive and Results-Oriented: Consistently meets deadlines and prioritize work effectively. Comfortable with a high-output environment and handles multiple projects simultaneously.
* Accurate and Quality-Driven: Produces results that meet or exceed The Company’s standards of quality and accuracy. Seeks to improve quality of results and adhere to Pokémon brand standards.
* Teamwork: Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and collaborate well with various stakeholders for the duration of each project. Willing to jump in and assist coworkers when needed. Builds trust and respect among coworkers, and also likes to have fun from time to time.
* Passion/Pride in One’s Work: Always strives to do their best and looks to continue improving their skills.
* Effective Communicator: Expresses information and thoughts clearly, concisely, and professionally in individual and/or group situations. Takes initiative to seek information required to complete projects.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Due to the confidentiality requirements, all work must be completed within the office.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results