Bilingual Project Coordinator (TCG - R&D)
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary Of The Role
This role will support various Pokémon TCG (Trading Card Game) related localization products, with the potential to support other projects, and will facilitate and guide the development & implementation of all aspects of these projects from inception through cross-team involvement to delivery.
What You Will Do
* Serve as focal point and primary coordinator for all aspects of bilingual project management specifically for Pokémon TCG related projects
* Manage any project management issues that arise by investigating, resolving or escalating them when necessary
* Seek to optimize and simplify processes as with a focus on continual improvement.
* Manage schedules for a wide variety of aspects of the project within a cross-functional group environment
* Liaison between many different groups including R&D, Translation & Editing, Design, Production to bring all aspects of the project under a single umbrella of coordination
* Establish and maintain strong working relationships across the business units and all levels of the organization
* Provide translation of documents, emails and presentations both in Japanese and English
What You Will Bring
* 1-3 years of project coordination experience in entertainment game product development, such as card game and boardgame, or digital version of such games
* Ability to understand, interpret, translate and communicate company business plans, strategy and objectives to our parent company in Japan
* Bilingual with excellent writing, speaking and presenting skills in both Japanese and English.
* Experience in entertainment/gaming, Trading Card Games (TCG) experience is preferred.
* General understanding of brand identity, product design and print development process
* Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Passion for and knowledge of entire gaming industry
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent working experience
* Demonstrated working knowledge of conservative Japanese culture and customs in the workplace.
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Time Management: You can handle multiple projects with varying and changing timelines. Projects are completed on time and you ask for help as needed
* Attention to detail: Misplaced data can have wide sweeping effects on games. You find the errors most would overlook.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion. (use this line only if applicable to the role)
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results