|# of Openings:||1|
We are looking for a Buyer who will help support our business and marketing initiatives by supporting the product strategy thru data driven assortments. The ideal candidate will must have a passion for product, an understanding of market trends and a drive for data driven decisions for assortment planning.
What You Will Do
* Manages weekly, monthly and quarterly business recaps used for analyzing the business and communicating with Product Development Team
* Works with Manager of Product Strategy to determine the best assortment of product to support marketing and website content initiatives to deliver on business revenue goals for Pokémon Center
* Efficiently achieve sales and profitability by consistently reviewing and editing product assortments
* Take ownership for gathering and entering merchandise information into the product database (PIM), and ensures accuracy
* Work in tandem with Product Planner, analyzing past sales figures and current trends to anticipate future product needs and will meet business objectives
* Attend planning sessions and assortment meetings to ensure all trends are well represented in all channels of business
* Partner with Site Merchandising team to ensure products are well represented on the website, supporting assortment strategy and delivering on business objectives
* Leverage website data daily to ensure product is meeting the needs of the customer
What You Will Bring
* Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
* 3+ years retail and ecommerce buying experience
* Strong merchandising, forecasting and financial skills
* Proficiency with Excel and website analytics tools like Google Analytics or Omniture
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to be flexible with problem-solving to meet objectives
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to be flexible when necessary to ensure cross-functional alignment
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results