|# of Openings:||1|
The Manager, Production will be managing a production team responsible for sourcing, buying, and project management of products for Pokémon Center retail channels.
What You Will Do
* Manage a team of production coordinators to ensure projects are appropriately assigned and tracked
* Partner with internal teams to forecast product needs and communicates those requirements on to appropriate external vendors, including coordination of schedules, bidding, and statement of work through execution
* Lead weekly cross-functional team meetings
* Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
* Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
* Communicate the project status to all cross-functional team members
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers
* Create proposals and briefs for internal clients
* Develop deep understand of our internal software systems related to Production
* Keep up to date with industry best practices, retail trends and new product offerings
What You Will Bring
* 8-10 years’ experience in product development or production of consumer products
* 3+ years of managing a production team
* Broad knowledge of sourcing, retail, and/or the advertising specialty industry is preferred
* Previous development of products for branded or licensing companies
* Knowledge in product safety compliance, such as Prop 65, ASTM or EN-71
* Data analysis and presentation experience
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage team members in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your team; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to team members. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on retail trends, innovations and manufacturing processes.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results