|# of Openings:||1|
The Manager, Sourcing will be responsible for sourcing products for Pokémon Center retail channels and for various TPCi initiatives. The primary goal is to reduce the cost of goods by driving increases in direct sourcing and spurring innovation while also improving the quality of the final product delivered to our customers.
What You Will Do
* Source and develop the Pokémon Company International hard and soft goods
* Partner closely with the production team and internal parties to develop the product road map and provide financials, feasibility, timelines, and resources
* Build and maintain relationship with domestic and overseas vendors to ensure the consistency in their raw materials and production standards
* Manage the overall project timelines, lead weekly cross-functional team meetings, identify risks that may affect the timeline and lead efforts to mitigate risks. Communicate the project status to all cross-functional team members
* Assist in compiling proposals and manages production of individual projects
* Develop and maintain product specifications for hard and soft goods
* Source new suppliers to assess their capabilities, capacity, opportunities and quality levels
* Visit current suppliers in the U.S., Asia, and other territories to monitor first production and look to expand the current business
* Develop product solutions in support of the Merchandise Development team’s direction and ensure that the company’s goals of product innovation and quality are achieved
* Drive process improvements and efficiencies
What You Will Bring
* 8-10 years of experience in sourcing (ideally both hard & soft goods), which may include domestic and overseas manufacturing
* Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering is preferred
* Familiarity with a broad range of materials and manufacturing processes is required.
* Previous sourcing of consumer products for branded or licensing companies
* Knowledge in product safety compliance, such as Prop 65, ASTM or EN-71
* Effective negotiation skills to achieve target costs and margins
* Ability to analyze costing provided by suppliers
* Demonstrated Project Management skills
* Strong problem-solving capabilities and interpersonal skills are essential
* Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use software for data analysis and presentations
* Ability to speak Mandarin is essential
* Experience managing people preferred
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your team; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to team members. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on retail trends, innovations and manufacturing processes
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel internationally to visit suppliers may be required.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results