Merchandise Development Associate
|# of Openings:||1|
This position will be working closely with the Merchandise Development, Production, Business, and Design to pitch and develop products based on the established product calendar. This position will be focused on 2D/soft goods lines including, but not limited to: apparel, home goods and décor, accessories.
What You Will Do
* Create briefs to pitch new items and sets of items based on product calendar.
* Work closely with Manager, and Design to guide and execute on desired direction of product line.
* Manage creation of new products through internal processes/systems.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of current and future pop-culture product trends.
* Works independently on the design of product lines with direction from Product team.
* Communication to management of product / project status and next steps.
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Creative problem-solver.
* Required to keep abreast of developments in design applications and new print trends and techniques.
What You Will Bring
* 3+ years of related experience in product development.
* Exceptional attention to detail & strong organizational skills.
* Experience in pitching product ideas.
* Ability to work in a team environment and the initiative to work independently.
* Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects at one time, and have excellent follow up skills.
* Must be solution oriented and results driven with strong problem-solving skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
* Familiarity with Pokémon world is a plus.
* Interest in animation, video games, and/or trading card games is a plus.
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results