The Sr. Software Test Engineer (STE) supports business groups by providing a vital quality check and detailed reporting at different stages in the product life cycle. The Sr. STE will be responsible for creating test strategies, coordinating test execution with vendor partners, performing root-cause analysis, and driving bug triage. This role will work closely with others in the technology group as well as internal business units, driving quality with a customer focus in mind.
What You Will Do
- Own end-to-end test strategies including coordination of automation and tool creation across project disciplines.
- Manage bug database triage by prioritizing critical or major cases and working with multi-discipline teams to resolve and close while providing a holistic project view of release readiness for stake holders.
- Proactively coordinate the creation and execution of test cases, triage bugs, and report testing status to project teams.
- Help troubleshoot issues found within the products.
- Use data to create dashboards and thresholds to identify project risk and communicate recommendations and updates to stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
What You Will Bring
- 6+ years of software testing experience
- Proficient in test planning, estimation, and ability to break down areas into testable components.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment and coordinating test execution across several teams.
- Proficient at managing bug databases, workflows, and driving bug predictions toward defined project milestones.
- Proficient at using data to direct and prioritize project coverage and testing.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication. You're referenced as an example when delivering messages and collaborating with teams.
- Bias for Action: You take on additional ownership without being prompt because it's the right thing to do for the product/customer. You have a proven track record of excellence, and often engage in finding a solution in a proactive manner.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team leader with the ability to coordinate collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re quantitative and qualitative and able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through data. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Growth mindset: You continually seek out learning and growth opportunities that not only advance your skills and understanding, but actively contribute to the department’s improvement. You share industry advancements with the team and partners to elevate organizational knowledge.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables. You manage partnerships with stakeholders to ensure we hold ourselves accountable to the customers.
- Process Focus: You identify processes to implement that gain efficiencies across test and production ownership. You champion these processes with partners by highlighting improvements that positively influence adoption.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up-to-date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed