|# of Openings:||1|
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer with a strong background in ETL, data warehousing, and collaborating with our Business Intelligence team to evolve the data foundation for The Pokémon Company International. This position will be primarily responsible for designing, developing, and supporting our corporate data analytic solutions and leading the evolution of our internal reporting and analytics infrastructure to enable data insights and optimal business decisions.
What You Will Do
* Build and deliver high quality data architecture design and development of data warehouse solutions
* Interface with other teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
* Develop robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL and other software
* Integrate relevant information and disparate data sources to allow for development of analytics, insights, and recommendations
* Effectively scope, size, and plan the development of analytical solutions
* Partner with analysts and business leaders to understand and prioritize opportunities based on business value
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Continually improving reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
* Assist team with complex query tuning, schema refinement, and index management
* Interface with technology teams regarding data integrity & security through all environments as well as the overall data lifecycle
What You Will Bring
* Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering
* 5+ years experience in data modeling, ETL, and data warehousing
* Proficient in SQL, performance tuning, and DBA tasks
* Experience with cloud solutions (Snowflake, AWS, other)
* Experience with data integration toolsets and scripting (Python, other)
* Experience with BI/data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, other) is preferred
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on a very limited basis.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results