The Director of Total Rewards and HR Operations is responsible for the creation, administration and implementation of a comprehensive total rewards and HR operations strategy for The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), including benefits, compensation, HR systems, people analytics, and recognition programs and policies. As a member of the HR leadership team, this position is charged to shape and build a global benefits and compensation strategy and establish and maintain strong relationships inside and outside the organization to effectively support and deliver inclusive benefits and total rewards programs for a diverse and growing global population. In addition, the role will lead HR Systems and Insights to better leverage TPCi’s use of HR systems and analytics to strategically support our people and the business. You will also assist with employee engagement and productivity by leveraging technology with reliable HR service delivery and automation.
What You’ll Do
- Create and implement an employee-friendly total rewards strategy that encompasses both foundational rewards (base pay, benefits, etc.) and performance-based rewards (merit/promotion, short-term and long-term incentives, recognition, etc.).
- Define and brand TPCi’s total rewards strategy and develop a strategic roadmap to scale programs to support and retain a growing population in partnership with talent management and HR operations team members.
- Manage and execute on healthcare, financial, and all wellness benefits and programs; managing open enrollments, annual audits, compliance reporting requirements, survey submissions and renewal processes.
- Partner with plan providers and brokers, evaluating vendor performance and conduct analysis of plans, costs, on-going market surveys and legislative changes for optimal plan design refinement.
- Drive leaves of absence programs and administrative processes which function efficiently and provide an employee experience that is consistent with TPCi culture and philosophy.
- Design, implement and iterate on job architecture, salary structures and compensation programs to deliver best-in-class practices that support TPCi’s culture and business objectives.
- Create and execute a long-term incentive program rooted in business, team and individual performance that results in retention of top talent.
- Build and implement a recognition and service award program across TPCi.
- Champion the annual merit and bonus planning process to include schedules, communications, budgeting, systems/tools configuration, and calibration.
- Perform regular compensation benchmarking; analyze market data trends and evaluate impact; ensure competitiveness of compensation programs for attraction and retention of talent while ensuring internal equity across the organization.
- Consult and collaborate with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, HR Systems and Insights, Business Leaders and line managers on understanding and delivering compensation philosophy, programs and processes.
- Build and execute annual calendar of total rewards-related education, communications and events to drive adoption of and engagement with employees.
- Create and execute an HR systems and data analytics vision and strategy to meet the scaling needs of Talent Management, Inclusion and Engagement initiatives.
- Identify and implement self-service solutions via existing systems and resources, including the research and recommendation of solutions to enable further automated employee access and support.
- Identify metrics and build out reporting dashboards to measure programs and services. effectiveness, utilization and insights to provide transparency and help guide future decision making.
- Identify, design and implement compliance risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure data and security governance is maintained for all people related data and systems.
What You’ll Bring
- Seven or more years of experience in Human Resources, HR Systems, Compliance, Compensation and/or Benefits.
- Strong knowledge of regulations related to compensation and benefits ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, FLSA, ADA, and FMLA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with advanced Excel skills.
- S/PHR, CCP and or CEB certifications are a plus.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Business or related field.
How You’ll Be Successful
- Communication: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. Builds trust and collaborates with partners at all levels, to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Strategic Agility: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action. You provide your team stretch assignments and encourage continuous learning and development.
- Action Oriented: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Quality of Work: You review work to meet quality standards; demonstrate a high level of care and thoroughness; checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re a master of prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow up.
- Continuous Learner: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are eager to learn, grow and build something great together. You possess a focus for continuous improvement to challenge yourself and others.
- Global Perspective: You understand globalization and the interconnective nature of the world. Appreciates and leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals; knows how to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and geographies.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.