The Software Test Engineer (STE) supports business groups by providing a vital quality check and detailed reporting at different stages in the product life cycle. The STE will be responsible for filing bugs, performing root-cause analysis, and participating in bug triage. This role will work closely with others in the technology group as well as internal business units, driving quality with a customer focus in mind.
What You Will Do
- Determine and develop test strategies for a wide range of testing issues and drive to completion.
- Manage bug database triage by prioritizing critical or major cases and working with multi-discipline teams to resolve and close successfully.
- Proactively create and execute test cases, triage bugs, and report testing status to project teams.
- Help troubleshoot issues found within the products.
- Prioritize test coverage, identify risk, and communicate recommendations and updates to stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
What You Will Bring
- 2+ years of software testing experience.
- Knowledgeable in test planning, estimation, and ability to break down areas into testable components.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment.
- Experience with bug tracking software.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Service Orientation: You always keep internal and external customer(s) in mind. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Process focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.