The Regional Licensing Manager looks after the Softlines and Hardlines categories for Germany. She/He is responsible for developing and executing a long-term business strategy to leverage the Pokémon consumer product (CP) program (excluding publishing, TCG, music and home entertainment) and build a sustainable business (in line with guidelines and objectives) in the region. She/He will be responsible for identifying the best licensees to partner with, negotiating agreements, driving innovative and quality product ranges, accurate quarterly forecasting and promoting retail sell-in of ranges. She/He will also be responsible for brand partnerships (promotions and fashion collaborations) in the region.
- Category lead for Softlines and Hardlines across the region. Identify opportunities and fill gaps by territories, demographics, and distribution channels.
- Responsible for managing the portfolio of promotion partners and fashion collaborations for the region to maximise brand exposure. Take a creative approach and ensure appropriate internal stakeholders are involved in key product decision-making.
- Work on the creation of targeted presentations to pitch, support and/or launch licensing programmes or specific category areas (incl. Promotions and Fashion collaborations).
- Accountable for day-to-day management, including business reviews.
- Negotiate the best deals (in line with consumer products guidelines and business objectives) and manage the process from contract to product development and execution.
- Ensure timely product approvals in line with licensee needs, anticipate roadblocks and proactively take measures to address them by working closely with Seattle-based teams.
- Attendance and presentation participation in licensee/partner presentations. Regular attendance of trade shows and social industry functions where applicable (Brand Licensing Europe, Cologne Licensing Day, etc.).
- Responsible for managing the retail budget for the CP programme in the region.
- Identify the key retail partners for the Softlines and Hardlines categories. Be the key point of contact to Retail partners to develop and execute trade marketing programs for CP in the region.
- Build strong relationships with toy distributors across the region and create business synergies with the TCG Sales team when needed.
- Work with the Director of Licensing to develop and execute a three-year road map for the Softlines and Hardlines categories in the region.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics for categories and key licensees.
- Manage the P&L to deliver (or exceed) annual revenue targets (in line with CP guidelines and business objectives) in the region.
- Provide quarterly business forecasts to evaluate progress against budget.
Marketing and PR:
- Responsible for managing the B2B PR budget
- Event Planning/ Tradeshows – Participate and assist with the planning and attendance of annual trade shows and events as necessary. Ensure visibility of our licensed products during trade shows and Pokémon events.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 6 years' experience in Licensing, Retail, or Sales.
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant retail landscape.
- Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution ideas with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact well with a variety of work groups.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent negotiation, deal structuring, and analytical skills.
- Proven experience with revenue/profit modeling and sound business judgment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- BA or BSc degree required.
- European language (German) is a plus.
- TPCi is a standard office work environment. Height adjustable workstations, adjustable chairs, and monitor stands are provided for all employees.
- Ability to work flexibly and on-call hours as required for key initiatives.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.