Sr. AP Associate
|# of Openings:||1|
Senior Accounts Payable Associate
REPORTING MANAGER TITLE
Accounts Payable Manager
This position reports to the Accounts Payable Manager is and is primarily responsible for the Accounts Payable function for the US and UK offices. Reviews all invoices and check requests to appropriate approvers for verification and approval to pay. Codes all non-Purchase Order (PO) invoices and check requests according to TPCi internal department budgets and basic accounting principles. The Senior Accounts Payable designation refers to level of experience and ability to self-direct and work autonomously with minimal supervision and direction.
* Review invoices and check requests for pre-approval, accuracy and back-up documenting services or product provided.
* Review multiple credit card statements and obtain or audit appropriate back-up documentation for charges.
* Process expense reports utilizing Concur travel expense management software.
* Code invoices and payments utilizing basic accounting principles and internal department budgets.
* Process weekly check runs, and coordinate wire payments based on due date.
* Process electronic files for positive pay to the company’s bank.
* Communicates with internal staff and vendors regarding payment status.
* Monitors vendor accounts to ensure payments are current.
* Assist in month-end close duties as assigned.
* Preparation of monthly account reconciliation.
* Preparing 1099 forms and 1042 forms.
* Document and process corrections to coding on payables.
* Review staffs work as needed.
* Maintain scanned and physical files as needed.
* Other projects as requested.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 4-5 years previous experience in the Accounts Payable field, preferably in high volume, fast paced environments.
* Prefer experience with a midmarket ERP system and automated AP system with paperless invoice processing.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting software applications.
* Experience with travel expense management software such as Concur.
* Experience with international transactions and currencies.
* Basic accounting principles including knowledge of general ledger.
* Experience with the set up and maintenance of the vendor master file.
* Knowledge of W9/W8 and 1099/1042-S requirements.
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Skilled in the follow-through of multiple assigned tasks and projects
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* Excellent communication and customer service skills (verbal, written)
* Proven problem solver
* Team player
* Ability to keep information confidential
* Associates Degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent work experience.
* Typically works normal business hours
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results