|# of Openings:||1|
The position reports to the Manager of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable and is primarily responsible for Accounts Payable for the US and UK offices. Reviews all invoices and check requests and routes to appropriate signers for verification and approval to pay. Codes all invoices and check requests according to internal department budgets and basic accounting principles.
* Review invoices and check requests for pre-approval, accuracy and back-up documenting services or product provided.
* Review multiple credit card statements and obtain or audit appropriate back-up documentation for charges.
* Process expense reports and match to approved travel requests.
* Code invoices and payments utilizing basic accounting principles and internal department budgets.
* Coordinate with accounts payable clerk and review coding, accuracy and completeness.
* Ensures all invoices and check requests have appropriate approvals.
* Communicates with internal staff and vendors regarding payment status
* Monitors vendor accounts to ensure payments are current.
* Assist in month-end review of department profit & loss statements for AP coding.
* Document and process corrections to coding on payables.
* Maintain scanned and physical vendor files as needed.
* Other projects as requested.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 2-3 years previous experience in the Accounts Payable field
* Basic accounting principles including knowledge of general ledger
* Experience with International transactions and currencies
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Skilled in the follow-through of multiple assigned tasks and projects
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
* Proven problem solver
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting software applications.
* Team player
* Ability to keep information confidential
* Supervisory experience a plus
* Associates Degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent work experience.
* Typically works normal business hours
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results