Who We Are
The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Our TPCi Sr. Business Systems Analysts have a passion for streamlining business processes using technology, which ultimately results in getting product to our Pokémon fans in the right place, at the right time, and for the right price! This is a hands on role that is a mix of project management, application administration, light coding/configuration, business analysis, and production support. Grit, natural curiosity and the ability to handle a variety of tasks concurrently are key to being successful in this role.
What You Will Do
- Business Analysis - By maintaining a comprehensive understanding of current and future needs for a specific line of business, you will:
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and contribute to the improvement of quality and cost
- Conduct JAD sessions with business users, Development and QA teams
- Perform discovery, gap analyses, process design, requirements gathering, “source to target” mapping and data analysis
- Create functional specs, test plan and test cases, logical & physical data models, data migration plan, training material, as-is and to-be business processes
- Provide production support for Business Applications
- Provide training for new and existing software
- Application administration:
- Source, configure, implement, maintain, and manage applications
- Administer applications and serve as a resource regarding system functionality through detailed documentation
- Assist development team with various lifecycle functions including designing, coding, testing, deploying, maintaining, upgrading
- Integrate applications for bi-directional communication
- Be the system administrator and engineer responsible for the setup, configuration, programming of the tools
- Project Management:
- Work independently to drive time, scope and budget, testing, implementation, risk and change management
- Technical lead on the design of the databases between the various systems (data transfer, sharing, system of record)
- Effectively and efficiently communicate issues and problem solve with developers
- Participate in application roadmap and direct the development cycle
- Use data to drive decisions and understand how to quantify ROI
What You Will Bring
- PMP, ScrumMaster, Product Owner knowledge desired
- 5+ years of experience managing internal facing applications and $100K+ projects with cross departmental and dispersed international teams
- Familiarity with System Administration, Database Administration and/or Data Analysis/
- Familiarity with business systems such as: HRMS, PLM, PIM, MAM, DAM, low-code application platforms, etc.
- Familiarity with programming languages and concepts
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.