Consumer Product Approval Associate
|# of Openings:||1|
The Consumer Product Approval division of The Pokémon Company International is the group that assures that all Pokémon products are accurate and true to the rules and vision of the Pokémon brand while maintaining the highest level of quality possible. These products range from action figures to apparel to published goods. Accuracy and attention to detail are vital to this role, as are the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be expected to fully immerse him/herself in the Pokémon brand; this ranges from playing the video and trading card games to watching the animated series and learning how each applies to products. This particular role will focus on 2D product reviews and asset organization.
* Review and approve products for assigned partners, ensuring that products align with the Pokémon Company International’s style guide and use only art assets provided by TPCi for the purpose of creating licensed product.
* Help guide partners to an acceptable interpretation of the brand, as fit for their product.
* Partner with licensees to determine best product and character roll-out for each based on TPCi’s focus characters for the year, the licensee’s capabilities, target market, and frequency of product refreshment.
* Guide internal and external groups regarding how they can best represent the Pokémon brand through their products.
* Communicate daily with internal and/or external partners via phone, skype, or email.
* Act as point person for the approval of licensed products for assigned categories and partners.
* Maintain an accurate record of the development of each item from concept to approval.
* Assemble and distribute monthly reports and/or lists regarding all product approvals.
* Create presentations as needed.
* Organize and record product samples.
* Distribute new assets and information to licensees, as needed.
* Arrange and attend both on-site and offsite business meetings with licensees; some travel may be required.
* Perform other managerial and administrative duties consistent with position as assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 3-4 years experience working with licensed product approvals or brand management.
* Previous experience working with licensed product approvals or brand management.
* Knowledgeable of product development timelines and printing techniques.
* Fluent in Spanish, a must.
* Interest in animation, video games, and/or trading card games is a plus.
* Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects at one time, and have excellent follow up skills.
* Must be solution oriented and results driven.
* Capable of adapting to a rapidly evolving environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
* Familiarity with Photoshop and/or SharePoint a plus.
* BA or BS Degree preferred
* Must be able to travel domestically.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results