The Senior TCG Sales Manager for Italy, Poland and the Nordics will execute the distribution model set by the SVP of International Business and VP of Europe TCG Channel Sales and ensure that Pokémon meets / exceeds profit objective through targeted prospecting and relationship development in a number of European markets.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for generating incremental sales through existing and new channels / customers, working in partnership with the Europe TCG marketing teams to drive retailer, re-seller and consumer engagement with the Pokémon brand.
- Work closely with the VP of TCG Sales Europe to execute distribution models to meet/exceed profit objectives in the markets.
- Work with International Sales team to ensure that the market has the products required to optimize sales and fit with customer’s needs.
- Create business development strategy and plans for the markets including researching, evaluating and securing new partnerships, onboarding new distributors, and overseeing the launch of the new businesses (product, promotion, price, placement) in line with the Trading Card Game distribution model to deliver strong profit margins and long-term profitability.
- Execute the business development strategy for the markets.
- Develop close commercial relationships with key retail groups to grow the presence of Pokémon TCG and achieve sales and availability targets.
- Position TPCi as the TCG / collectables category leader in all key retail groups.
- Identify opportunities to place the product in to new store locations / categories; influence the space available to the TCG category; grow Pokémon’s share of the TCG / collectables category; use retailer and shopper insights to improve visibility and placement.
- Manage the commercial relationship with distributors and continually monitor, evaluate and feedback on their performance.
- Suggest new product, packaging, and point of sale opportunities to meet the needs of the market.
- Maintain an overview of all other aspects of relationship with distributors (marketing, finance, logistics
- OP, legal, etc.) to ensure TPCi is maximizing the local sales opportunity.
- Conduct appropriate market analysis for assigned market (sales performance, competitors, retail tours, TV and other analysis) to evaluate market performance.
- Analyse distributors’ performance to provide constant feedback and ensure service levels reach an acceptable standard through the use of KPI’s.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must have:
- 5+ years international sales / business development experience, preferably in the game or consumer products industry, including relationships with key retail groups and the ability to influence and negotiate up to Category Director level.
- 5+ years of management experience
- Proven background of developing, negotiating and closing high impact relationships with partners and vendors.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with true ability to create and generate a business development vision.
- Ability to travel throughout Europe and able to multi-task within and across Pokémon divisions, time zones and geographies.
- The confidence and ability to operate in various European markets and quickly establish distributor and retailer relationships plus a deep understanding of market dynamics.
- Proven excellent business model development, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Success operating with ambiguity and embraces change.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Fluent English and Italian is essential and other European languages will be an advantage.
- BA or BS or equivalent working experience.
- This role is based at our Office in Chiswick Park, London
- Must be able to travel domestic and internationally.