Operations Producer, Media Production
Who We Are
The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The operations producer is responsible for implementing, maintaining and ongoing process development for the media asset management (MAM) platform that houses video assets for the animated series, movies and assets in 17+ languages as well as additional video content. The operations producer is a subject matter expert in digital asset management systems and / or content management systems. This role will handle MAM \ system optimization, ongoing procurement of assets, workflow creation and / or management as well as instructing relevant internal stakeholders and external vendors on processes and best practices. He or she will also manage ongoing organization of Media Production folder and file structures outside of the MAM as well as documenting and instructing stakeholders on processes for use and maintenance going forward. Lastly, the operations producer will handle Media Production department financial administration tasks such as: statement of work, action memo and purchase order creation as well as invoice and general financial tracking.
What You Will Do
- Manage ongoing migration of assets including video, metadata, art and all other relevant materials to platform.
- Develop and maintain ongoing asset management process and procedures including garnering input of relevant internal teams (Media Sales, Merchandise Development, Marketing, Business Development, etc.) and external vendors as needed.
- Oversee ongoing archiving and process management for all Media Production-related assets and workflows.
- Manage development and implementation of departmental workflows into automated workflow management system.
- Review, revise and / or maintain Media Production folder structure and file naming conventions based on department needs and best practices.
- Inform and train internal staff on asset processes and procedures including asset input, asset requests, asset deliveries, etc.
- Ongoing development of automated asset deliveries to partners and processes for verifying deliveries.
- Assess viability of in-house workflow management system to meet departmental needs. Research alternate and / or complementary solutions if needed.
- As needed, assist with metadata compiling and collation and / or metadata creation process.
- As needed, manage projects and deliveries to internal and external partners (online, video on demand, broadcast, etc.) for the Media Production team.
What You Will Bring
- Strong production / project management background
- Strong background in media and media localization
- Extensive experience with content or asset management systems – Work with Tedial, Version Factory, Amberfin, Baton, Aspera and MAM cloud implementations a huge plus
- Extensive experience with digital assets and video
- Extensive experience with digital content and / or asset management
- Experience building or overseeing cloud-based media workflows
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3
- Exposure to Network engineering
- Metadata curation / maintenance
- Coding a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Broadcast and / or VOD and localization experience, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Pokémon games and animation and Japanese language skills a plus
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format. You’re able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Bias for Action : You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve tasks with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills : You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work : You love what you do and how you can add value to the process. You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to accomplishing your work.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset : You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together .
- Autonomy in a Team Setting : You’re able to work efficiently on your own, yet integrate seamlessly with the team, gather information and requirements from them, reporting back results and collaborating with them regularly.
- Results-Driven: Working toward goals and the success of the team gets you out of bed in the morning.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Early morning hours will be required 15-25% of the time to facilitate meetings with European time zones. Travel between office locations internationally will be required on occasion , approximately 10% of the time.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.