Inclusion and Engagement Director
|# of Openings:||1|
Inclusion and Engagement Director
The Inclusion and Engagement Director develops and promotes The Pokémon Company International’s (TPCi) global culture of innovation, diversity, inclusion and belonging. This role will build diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives and programs that influence employee engagement, talent acquisition, talent management, charitable community engagement and marketplace opportunities across our global team to engage and retain talent and foster relationships in local and global communities. This role will ensure that the core elements of TPCi culture are well-defined and ever-present to employees, highlighting engagement as an essential component to support a positive, diverse, inclusive, innovative, and high-achieving environment. This position will partner with stakeholders across the organization and operate as an internal business consultant and project manager on DEI initiatives.
What You’ll Do
* Develop and execute a global HR engagement and DEI strategy that amplifies TPCi’s creative culture, talent brand and employment value proposition; Including the communication and education strategy to highlight TPCi’s commitment and comprehension of DEI.
* Drive alignment of DEI goals with business strategy; collaborate in developing and integrating DEI goals into business processes, practices and programs to help grow and retain a diverse workforce.
* Serve as the key DEI relationship partner and brand ambassador externally. Foster and sustain relationships with local, national and international partners representing TPCi at affiliations, conferences and professional meetings.
* Provide thought leadership and expertise in creating and supporting appropriate DEI infrastructure, such as an advisory council and/or Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
* Build internal recognition programs, awards structures and corresponding communications strategy aligned with TPCi philosophy and values.
* Organize and create employee-focused events including company updates, employee engagement and appreciation. Manage events from agenda setting to promotion and execution.
* Align with cross-functional resources to deliver business impact through:
* Partnership with HRBPs in the development and implementation of strategic diversity and engagement initiatives
* Collaboration across Talent Management to address training, recruiting, on-boarding, and strategic outreach programs related to DEI and engagement
* Partnership with Talent Acquisition to strengthen diversity sourcing strategies and align with key diversity sourcing associations and vendors to support workforce equity.
* Partner with Talent Acquisition on employer branding initiatives.
* Collaborate with TPCi operational leadership to apply a DEI lens to marketplace activities.
* Define measurements of success and establish metrics and dashboards to inform strategic planning, decision making and track engagement, community outreach, and DEI initiatives performance.
* Support the development of a charitable giving program within the communities in which TPCi operates.
* Remain current on the laws, regulations, and policies, pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity programs and provide leadership on this across the organization.
* Model company values, hold self and others accountable, and translate strategic objectives into actionable items that inspire others to behave and operate at their best.
What You’ll Bring
* Ten or more years relevant experience in the diversity, equity and inclusion space.
* Commitment to community leadership and volunteerism through participation on boards, speaking engagements and on-going involvement with passion projects.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
* Experience with corporate social responsibility efforts a plus.
How You’ll Be Successful
* Collaborative and inclusive: You engage and collaborate across functional and organizational boundaries. You establish a sense of unity and teamwork amongst talent. You demonstrate awareness and respect of cultural and individual values and appreciate and leverage the strengths of others to accomplish goals, regardless of background.
* Global and diverse perspective: You see the value of cultural, ethnic, gender, and other individual differences in people. You create an environment of learning about, valuing, encouraging, and supporting differences. Creates/validates long-term directions based on business dynamics, global marketplace trends, and the overall strategy of the company.
* Impact and influence: You promote the creation of a shared mission and vision and use those principles to guide actions, getting others excited about and committed to furthering the organization's objectives.
* Change agent and innovator: You have the patience, perseverance and diligence to lead change initiatives and contribute to the adoption of new ways.
* Leadership agility: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action. You provide your team stretch assignments and encourage continuous learning and development.
* Communication: You are exceptional at conveying ideas and facts in both verbal and written form. You have strong facilitation and written communication, proposing a way forward. You listen to views of colleagues and take in diverse perspectives.
* Effective enthusiasm: You exhibit persistence, confidence and a relentlessly positive mindset. You create a 'can do' climate for those you engage with.
* Work Excellence: You always see opportunities to enhance the level of quality and encourage others to identify them as well. You create and foster an environment where quality is a priority and a focus.
* Analytical and logical: You apply logic and complex layers of rules to analyze and categorize complicated information. You see relationships between information in varied forms and from varied sources. You integrate diverse themes and lines of reasoning to create new insights or levels of understanding for the issue at hand.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are eager to learn, grow and build something great together. You embrace continuous learning by networking and researching to stay current on best practices.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Pokémon Company International
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results