Who We Are
The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The Operations Engineer will work in a key role that is primarily focused on mitigating customer impact by monitoring our platforms, identifying & resolving issues, and working with development teams on escalations to ensure we are highly performant, available, secure, scaled, and operationalized. Though the primary focus of this role is on monitoring & mitigating issues on our platform, this role with also be involved in & contributing towards creating & updating alerts & health checks, scripting & automation, operational & runbook documentation, and partnering with the Development, Test, and Security teams to put in place the right solutions for the business.
What You Will Do
- Support of our development, test, and production environments via investigation & resolution of performance and functional issues with our service stack as well as upstream/downstream systems.
- Triage issues based on a clear understanding of the business problem and impact to ensure appropriate urgency in response.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex production / application issues identified through alerts to ensure services are highly available & performant.
- Clearly and concisely document issues that cannot be fixed in the NOC and escalate to on call resources.
- Monitoring our platforms & services using enterprise class monitoring tools, reviewing logs and performing validation checks.
- Enhance monitoring of systems, services and hardware to enable expedient identify and resolution of issues.
- Manage incidents during critical issues and ensure notifications to stakeholders are prompt, accurate, and consumable by non-technical audiences.
- Ensuring that the incident ticketing system is regularly checked for high or critical priority tickets that need resolving or escalating to on call teams.
- Work with developers and engineering leads to advocate for operational improvements in our software stack.
- Develop and improve operational documentation while working within the DevOps team to improve the supportability of Production.
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years DevOps / Network Engineering / Application Engineering / Operations Engineering experience.
- 2+ years' practical scripting and/or development experience in shell, Python and/or other automation tools.
- Understand and troubleshoot networking problems, configuration, and application workflow changes.
- Experienced with Incident Management practices and processes.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and logging tools such as New Relic, Telegraf, Grafana or Nagios/Icinga.
- Experience working in a Linux environment and utilizing infrastructure in Amazon Web Services.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action : You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Passion & Pride in your work : You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Global Perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into day-to-day decisions affecting the organization.
- Growth mindset : You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. This role will participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation and must be willing and able to work non-standard work shifts, including evenings, overnight, holidays, and weekends.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.