The Software Engineer will work with other engineers on multiple business initiatives, with a focus on designing and implementing new features for customer-facing products.
What You Will Do
- Drive the design and implementation of new features for the Pokémon Trainer Club and authentication system.
- Break down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed.
- Work on multi-discipline teams to solve complex programming and environment problems.
- Document and communicate designs and interfaces with other engineering team members.
- Write clean, testable, maintainable, and documented code with high throughput and low error rate.
- Proactively communicate ideas and issues to non-technical stakeholders.
What You Will Bring
- 2-4 years’ experience building and maintaining multi-tiered, clustered, scalable web platforms.
- Deep understanding of development pipelines and unit test development
- An ability to analyze complex problems and present multiple solutions
- Healthy professional knowledge of AWS infrastructure, PostgreSQL / MySQL, Git, Docker, REST APIs, and Jenkins.
- Experience with internationalization, localization and GDPR a plus.
- Working knowledge of or a desire to live in the video game or trading card game space.
- BS Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent working experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Functional/Technical Skill: Possesses the functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Remains current on developments within the industry
- Accuracy/Quality: Produces results or provides services that meet or exceed TPCi standards. Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of work activities. Personally seeks to add value in every work assignment. Notices opportunity to improve quality and takes action to do so.
- Implementation/ Follow-Through: Demonstrates a commitment to quality exhibited by accuracy, completeness and conciseness of work produced. Always keeps in mind the needs of internal and external customers.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Teamwork: Collaborates and cooperates to get the job done. Offers assistance to others when needed. Builds trust and respect amongst colleagues. Works with others towards a common goal.
- Written and Oral Communication: Expresses information and thoughts clearly, concisely, and accurately in individual and/or group situations. Adapts the presentation of information to the audience and situation. Professional and respectful in communication style.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occassionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up-to-date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. All team members participate in the on-call schedule.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.