Technical Project Manager
A Technical Project Manager’s primary responsibility is planning and managing the development of one or more projects throughout its lifecycle. To do this successfully, the right candidate will be comfortable discussing technical details while remaining focused on the big picture, creatively solving problems, and communicating effectively across multiple teams with varied levels of influence and technical knowledge.
What You Will Do
- Work with internal and external teams with varying levels of technical knowledge to establish, document, and execute against project goals and requirements.
- Manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Identify key data and leverage that data to make decisions and measure progress.
- Run appropriate agile processes through project lifecycle.
- Create effective status reports and project reviews for a varied audience.
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years professional experience as a Technical Project Manager on agile software projects.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment.
- Experience in the Scrum Master and / or Product Owner role.
- Ability to align, influence and drive results without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication around tracking and summarizing development progress.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format. You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to establish the appropriate level of urgency and ownership and resolve requests and incidents accordingly.
- Great people skills: You know the “how and why” are as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across internal and external teams. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage colleagues in a professional manner.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and take pride in how you can add value. You enjoy teaching process to help colleagues ‘work smarter’ while supporting their project needs.
- Logical and analytical: You’re adept at prioritization and organization with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.