- This position directly supports Maximo users within the power production groups, so a solid background and working knowledge in power generation is essential.
- Perform functional business unit management and administration of the Maximo Asset Management system.
- Provide oversight of other related business management systems for Plant Operations, Safety, Corporate Facilities Management, and Supply Chain Services.
- Define and support implementation, optimization, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading needs of the systems.
- Develop and implement reporting, training, and user interface requirements.
- Responsible to provide reliable and efficient electric power generation in accordance with corporate safety policies and procedures, compliance with Electric Reliability Organization, NERC, SERC, Reliability Standards, FERC, EPA, EPD, OSHA, DOT and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Provide day-to-day management and control of Maximo Asset Management and other related business system applications, including changes, configuration control, and data integrity.
- Coordinate with GSOC SSIT for Maximo Asset Management and related business process design, development, testing, and implementation activities and be the "primary point of contact" for system operation and usage questions, comments and/or problems from the specific user community.
- Participate in organization & site meetings, including but not limited to Maximo Governance Board, to support the direction of the governance board, to maintain awareness of current activities and actions to be processed in the business management systems, and to maintain close contact with users.
- Work with other system business analyst(s) to support business needs in efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain key business process documentation related to Maximo Asset Management processes.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery/business continuity plans related to the Maximo Asset Management System.
- Develop and maintain electronic workflow processes within the systems that mirror the current organization business processes.
- Develop and maintain system training program and documentation and provide system training as required and requested by user community.
- Stay current on the latest Maximo Asset Management system and other related business system applications in regards to products and industry trends. Pursue continuous system knowledge improvement by attending training classes, seminars, user conferences (IBM Pulse), and workgroup workshops (MUWG & MSCUG)
- Maintain user and labor records in system including assignment of security settings, purchase approval levels, and any other key internal controls.
- Monitor and report on system utilization, changes and performance.
- Perform records maintenance such as Labor, Crafts, Locations, Assets, Systems, and Item Masters.
- Perform routine reviews of data and maintain system data integrity.
Education: Bachelor's degree in technology related field is required, or equivalent experience as stated below.
Experience: Eight years’ experience in an operating commercial electric power generating plant with four years of computerized maintenance management system (cmms) use is desired. Experience with Maximo Version 6.2 or higher.
Equivalent Experience: Candidates with a two year technical degree plus ten years of directly related experience in a power plant environment with four years cmms use, or twelve years of directly related experience with four years of cmms use will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated individual who has very strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented style.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical and business analytical skills.
- Ability to get results and yet operate with a diplomatic style.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow associates, representatives of vendors and contractors.
- Ability to develop instructions from technical manuals, journals, drawings, and other related materials.
- Possess excellent skills in oral and written communication using the English language.
- Decision making capabilities.
- Working knowledge of power plant equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in servicing and repairing mechanical, electrical, electronic and instrumentation equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and drawings for structures, process systems, mechanical equipment, piping, and electrical equipment.
- Basic management/supervisory skills.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Valid driver’s license that meets the insurance eligibility requirements under Oglethorpe Power's Driver Qualification Program.
Unusual Hours Required: Occasional after hours work when implementing new software packages/upgrades, etc.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.