The Application Specialist will work with our team to install, configure and maintain the company’s business data infrastructure and applications in a SQL.Net environment. The Application Specialist will recommend and evaluate improvements to applications to meet current and future business requirements. The Application Specialist will maintain documentation of all changes made to the database and application to include use case scenarios.
- Participate in application development and deployment.
- Work with IT team and consultants to make recommendations to management concerning application upgrades. Research for new technology and software upgrades. Integration of current and new software, and new technology, with existing programs.
- Document all maintenance and upgrades. Prepare SOP documents for reference and cross training.
- Provide Desktop support for users running MS Office Pro, Outlook, and custom applications
- Work closely with computer users to support their changing requirements and to answer application questions
- Maintain security of information.
- Prepare and distribute periodic reports as required
- Create, implement, and train staff on new information workflows
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Skills, Experience, and/or Education Required:
- Associates Degree and 2 years experience or a minimum of 4 years work experience in computer science or related field
- Ability to work after hours and weekends in order to support occasional scheduled maintenance and upgrades
- Demonstrate experience with or aptitude in Relational Databases, Android OS, and MDM software
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Pro, Windows 7 OS and above
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Regular attendance in office required
- Ability to write and understand technical documentation and specifications related to a SQL.Net environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Web portal design and development a plus