Provide administrative support for various departments, utilize RoadNet and STARS software to efficiently and strategically route work orders and commercial drivers.
Skills, Experience, and/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Routing or logistics experience required
- Strong math and analytical skills required
- Proficiency in e-mail, Excel and Word required
- Accuracy and efficiency in data entry required
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills required
- Ability to learn advanced computer skills including UPS Logistics, PeopleNet, Noble Oil’s Database, etc.
- Understanding of the transportation industry and DOT regulations as they pertain to drivers
- Ability to accurately read and interpret maps
- Knowledge of geography of our territory
- Ability to learn varied tasks and company operations in a fast paced environment
- Display effective communication skills to resolve issues with customers and drivers
- Regular office attendance required
- Responsible for daily and weekly routing of open work orders
- Run “Road Net” software, review and adjust routes to maximize customer service as well and efficiency
- Function specific activities in STARS program to sync areas and strategize for efficiency and customer service levels
- Review and evaluate incoming work orders, determine both the level of priority and the most efficient routing, in order to service the account at the proper time
- Obtain knowledge (and confidence) to identify any routing issues and determine the best solution to resolve the issues. Includes reviewing frequency as well as how it “SYNCS” up with other accounts.
- Knowledgeable with customer service requirements, DOT HOS requirements, and business necessity
- Print daily driver paper work including itineraries, work orders, and route updates
- Upload driver routes to People net tablet
- Accurately complete daily load sheets when routing for box department. Able to understand truck capacity to load and formulate weights per load
- Effectively communicate and interact daily with drivers, Operation’s Analyst and Manager to assist in routing issues, directions, etc.
- Effectively communicate and interact daily with each manager in a variety of departments, Customer Service, Sales, Accounting, the Facility and Customers in order to best meet the customers’ needs
- Support a variety of departments that provide unique services, different truck capacity and utilization
- Make advance notice “24 hour” calls to customers
- Review driver itineraries upon completion of route, gather information for Manager and Route Analyst. Discuss with drivers discrepancies in hours assigned versus hours worked
- Ability to navigate and analyze information as well as run reports from the People Net application
- Compare trace routes and scheduled routes in STARS program
- Run and analyze past due service reports, able to communicate information and plan with Manager and Route Analyst
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.