Assist with invoice processing, ensuring the company receives payment, transactions are properly posted, and resolving discrepancies.
- Analyze open accounts receivable for past due accounts requiring collection efforts.
- Prioritize past due accounts for collection efforts in order to maximize cash receipts.
- Initiate collection efforts by telephone, email and written communication.
- Issue collection letters in accordance with collection policy.
- Document all collection effort activities.
- Re-print invoices, research issues, and respond to customer needs in a timely manner.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and management when necessary to accelerate collection process.
- Communicate and follow up with sales or other personnel involved in collection effort.
- Ensure company collection procedures/policies are followed.
- Review and verify monthly statement accuracy prior to mailing.
- Maintain accounts receivable systems and customer data
- Prepare verify and process invoices
- Process credit card payments
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills, Experience, and/or Education Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, Associates Degree in business related field preferred
- One to two year’s experience in accounts receivable or collections required
- Good organizational skills
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel with overall high level of computer literacy
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills required
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Effective phone etiquette skills
- Requires excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate and work with other departments within the company
- Regular office attendance is required