Operates a company vehicle to sell, deliver, collect, service, maintain, and exchange parts washers, parts washer fluid, waste drums, new antifreeze products, and other company services for various customers. Oversees the appearance, operation, and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle (collection and delivery truck) (100 miles plus – daily) in the Mid-Atlantic States including, NC, SC, VA, GA, TN, OH, PA, MD, and KY.
- Perform daily inspections of interior and exterior of Company Vehicle
- Perform daily inspection of load for required quantities and safe hauling/handling
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly log sheets
- Completes a service receipts for all customers on a daily basis
- Distributes, services, maintains, collects, and exchanges a variety of company and customer owned parts washers from various accounts
- Collects and transports drums of hazardous and non-hazardous materials, using the company drum acceptance program, and in accordance with DOT, EPA, and OSHA regulations
- Delivers/provides other products and services as required by our customers
- Provide sales leads for all divisions of the Company.
- Perform job duties in accordance with Company and DOT regulations
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Two years of CDL route driving experience or military driving experience
- Valid Class A or B CDL license
- The ability to obtain HazMat Endorsement required, tanker endorsement a plus
- Excellent Driving Record
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- No current license suspension or revocation (Work permits not acceptable)
- No major traffic violations in the past 3 years
- Reckless/Careless Driving
- Hit and Run, leaving the scene of an accident or failure to report an accident
- Excessive speeding as defined by the DOT: any single offense for any speed 15 MPH or more above the posted speed limit.
- Heavy lifting is required, up to 75lbs.
- Tilting of drums, using proper equipment, approximately 50lbs, excess repetition
- Ability to climb ladders or stairs frequently throughout the day
- Ability to stay overnight, out of town travel required weekly
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to read maps and follow directions